Monday, November 21, 2011

More Artistic Explorations

Elsa's reached yet another new stage with her constant drawing—she's now moved past the detailed, more realistic drawings that she had been focusing on, and instead is beginning to do some interesting abstract designs. Here's a sampling of what she's been working on:

They almost look a little tribal to me. As always, I am impressed and amazed at what comes out of that adorable little head of hers.

But don't worry, she hasn't left realism behind completely.

I like how in this one, the heart is half-hidden under covers or behind a wall or whatever that is. That seems like a pretty advanced skill. Elsa also loves to write words on her pictures lately, and she spelled out all of these words by herself.

I like this one for its composition—the house isn't completely framed in the shot. That's just a good sense of design right there! She also sometimes colors in the backgrounds completely.

And this one of Elsa and her friend Eliana is just plain cute. (That's Eliana with the shorter hair.) : )

But let's not forget about Claire! Here's a sample of her fine coloring skills.

And most of her drawings look a little something like this one.

3 comments:

GiGi said...

Elsa,
I love your drawings - does your mommy put some up on your refrigerator door? or do you save them all in a box? I love seeing them on the blog.
Hugs, GiGi

Emalee said...

Truly amazing. I love the new abstract ones.

Love, Unartistic Grandma B.

Anonymous said...

We sure love seeing all that great Elsa and Claire artwork. We're excited to see you all in just a few weeks now at Christmastime.

XXOO Grandma and Grandpa Jernstadt