Monday, August 22, 2011

Wise Words from Elsa: Vacation Edition

While driving, just after we crossed the state line from Wisconsin into Michigan.
Elsa: Is there a potty in the U.P.?

While at Oswald's Bear Ranch in the U.P., looking at the "bear cemetery."
Elsa: Mommy, why did the bears die?
Me: Oh, probably of old age.
Elsa: Or maybe they sticked their claw into an outlet.
(Perhaps I've warned her about the dangers of outlets a little too zealously?)

While driving, and Claire was being crabby.
Me: Elsa, please stop doing whatever it is she doesn't like.
Elsa: But she doesn't like anything.
(It's funny because it's true!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post..I have recited the "wise words" to three people so far.. too cute!!! Happy Belated Birthday sweet Elsa, Love you!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love the last quote. I think I've said the same thing to Carter, although he didn't come back with such a clever retort.

Miss you guys,
Ellen