
Not who you thought it would be, is it?

The pet store where we buy Belle's food has an indoor doggy swimming pool in the back. So we bid on a "dog swimming session" at a silent auction a few months ago. Here's Belle enjoying the benefits of our charity largesse.

Belle always loved the dog beach in Chicago, and when Katie took her swimming last summer she had a great time, but she seemed a little weirded out by this. For the first 15 minutes or so, she just kept trying to get out of the pool.

"Sorry, Belle, you must stay in and get your 30 minutes' worth. We gave 15 whole dollars to the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center for you to have this opportunity. Therefore YOU WILL ENJOY IT."

"Oh, okay, mom. I guess if you're going to make me do laps, I might as well do them with this tennis ball in my mouth ..."

"Or maybe this one. Or maybe both. Hey, will you throw that ball again? Please? Pretty please? Yeah! THROW THE BALL AGAIN!"
Yep, she warmed up to it by the end of her session. : ) And Elsa and Claire got quite a kick out of watching the whole thing.
1 comment:
Thank you for these pictures. I'm cracking up and I needed a good laugh. I love the pictures of her trying to get out.
Ellen
Post a Comment