Yes, I am that crazy—I have another blog. : ) For the past six months or so, I've been blogging about my quilting and sewing obsession here. Some of you already knew about it, but I haven't mentioned it to everybody because I know not everyone is interested in that sort of thing. I didn't want anybody to feel obligated to read it.
But now I'm actually starting to get a nice little following of other like-minded crazies. And I was recently invited to do a guest post for a very cool modern sewing e-zine called Fat Quarterly, which people actually pay to subscribe to (that post is available to the public and up on their website today—click here to see it). In all my years in various media positions, I'm not sure that I have ever written or designed for a paid publication. State News? Free. Contingencies? Free. Windy City Sports? Free. A zillion hospital newsletters? Um, free. People probably didn't want those whether they were free or not.
So anyway, I thought I might as well put it out there now, and if you want to check it out, please do. The address is http://freshlypieced.blogspot.com. I'm really enjoying having it, and it could potentially be a stepping stone to doing something professional with my sewing at some point, whether it's writing patterns or designing fabric or whatever.
2 comments:
Lee
How about the magazine for actuaries - paid?
Love following your blogs.
Grandma
I have really enjoyed looking at your blog, and passing the "blog address" along to friends who I know would also find it interesting. Hope to see you soon! By the way, my last day of work is April 8th!!!! I'm so excited. I just gave my notice a few days ago, and have been meaning to tell you! Yay!!!!
xo,
Lisa
Post a Comment