... last night she suddenly decided to go from that to standing upright, completely on her own.
I figured it would take her much longer than this to get from downward-facing-dog to a full stand, but then again, I thought she'd be walking like seven or eight months ago, so what the heck do I know? She must have done this about 50 times last night. And she stood by herself for longer and longer each time she did it. By the time she went to bed, she was standing on her own for probably a minute or more.
Each time she stood up, Bob and I tried to egg her on, asking her to take steps. We asked her to walk to one of us, to walk to Elsa, to walk over to the toys, etc. She always looked like she was seriously considering it, but no independent steps yet.Keep in mind that this child still (still!) has never stood on her own before this. She didn't stand for the first time by letting go of a piece of furniture while cruising, or letting go of my hand. Nope, not Claire—she has to make a big splash by first waiting until she's waaaay too old for such nonsense, and then standing up entirely by herself, right in the middle of the playroom. Even now, she still (still STILL!) sits down immediately if I let go of her hand. *Sigh.*
And by the way? She was so proud of herself last night. : )
3 comments:
Yipeeee Claire!!!
I hate to even say this Lee, but I wonder if she'll take her first steps when you're out of town this weekend. Maybe just to let you know she doesn't like to be left out of girls' weekend!
Can't wait to see you and Elsa!
Ellen
Wow, loved the pictures of Claire. She looks so happy with her new skill. She'll be taking off soon!! Yes, maybe while you're gone, Lee, but I bet you don't even care--just so she starts walking. See you in DC!
Love, Grandma B.
YAY for Claire!! She looks so happy and proud..how exciting! Have fun in DC
Talk to you soon! :-)
Lisa
Post a Comment