Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The Birthday Bash

Elsa is kind of like one of those people who "turns 40" seven or eight times in a row. Except in her case, she can't get past her fourth birthday. We started celebrating it on August 5, and we were still at it on September 4. Whew, that's a whole lotta partying.

We had Elsa's Milwaukee party—and her FINAL fourth birthday celebration—this weekend. I put in a fraction of the effort of last year's Very Hungry Caterpillar extravaganza, but the birthday girl seemed to enjoy herself anyway. Our theme this year was, of course, "Toy Story." The obsession continues.

As often happens, the party went by in such a blur that I didn't even take many pictures! It didn't help that I had to be on walking duty with Claire occasionally. Thanks to everybody who pitched in a helping hand (literally) with Claire during the party! Her and I both enjoyed having other people around for her to walk with. : )

Here she is walking with Grandma B. ...

... and with Opa and Grandma H.

A rumor must have gone around about Elsa wanting Toy Story stuff for her birthday this year, because almost everything she unwrapped was T.S., lucky girl!


As you can tell from this video, she really appreciated her gifts.


Interestingly enough, so did Claire.

Yes, she even had a Toy Story cake. You're shocked, I know.

Buzz and Woody strike again.


Here we are singing an extra long version of the birthday song, to give me time to change the batteries in my camera.

Elsa decided at the time we ordered the cake that she wanted the Woody piece, and Karina should have the Buzz piece.

Thank you to everyone for celebrating with us. Elsa loves all of her wonderful gifts (she really, truly does) and she feels like one very lucky, very loved four-year-old.

No comments: