Monday, April 27, 2009

More From the Hospital

Turns out, when you're not actually sick, being in the hospital is pretty darn boring.

But that gave us plenty of time to sleep, watch crappy TV (Law and Order, Golden Girls), and of course, take lots of pictures of our beautiful Claire.


She has something the nurses called "newborn rash," which I think I may have had as a newborn myself (it's the red spots around her eyes and cheeks—she also has it all over the rest of her body). It already seems to be going away.

And, because I was doing so well, they gave me the option of going home a day early (Saturday morning). I happily took it—I couldn't wait to get the whole family under one roof!

Here's Claire all set for the trip home, wearing my "something old" wedding handkerchief sewn into a baby bonnet, just like Elsa did. They can unsew it and carry it as their "something old" someday.

We drove home in a huge downpour—the first big thunderstorm of the season. When we got there, Claire settled in just like she owned the place. : )

No comments: