Friday, September 01, 2006

Going Home

Elsa and I were finally sprung from the hospital on Saturday, August 26. It was a tough week, with my coming down with something called C. Difficile that Thursday and having the recovery from that on top of the C-section, so I was THRILLED to finally get out of that yucky room. (And word is that Columbia St. Mary's will have a brand new birthing center by the time we're ready for the next kid, so I'm pleased to say that I will NEVER have to see that place again.)


Here's Elsa in her car seat, ready to go. Her cute little outfit was a gift from Grandma B. The bonnet is one that I wore as a baby, then carried as a handkerchief as my "something old" at our wedding.


Home at last!

Also, an update: I went for a checkup on Wednesday, and am happy to report that I have already lost THIRTY POUNDS since the birth. Nothing like a little C. Difficile to take off that baby weight. : )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures of Elsa traveling home. I'm glad she liked her little pink dress. Now the bonnet can be saved for her wedding. Wow, Lee great weight loss but I don't think the way you did it will ever make a profitable diet book. Now concentrate on beautiful Elsa and getting your strength back. Love, Grandma B.

Anonymous said...

Elsa looks soooo darling in her little pink dress and heirloom bonnet. Daddy looks VERY proud and happy as he carries her into her home. I'm very glad the three of you are back in your beautiful home.
Great weight loss,Lee-I hope you are gaining strength and feeling better each day.
Much Love, G.Grandma

Reagan said...

Lee and Bob,

Elsa is absolutely adorable!!! I hope you guys are having fun with her and getting a little bit of sleep.
Reagan

Shaffer said...

We love seeing the coming home pictures! I'm so glad you guys are home now and getting settled. We really want to plan a trip to come see you guys - we just can't wait until Thanksgiving to see our adorable neice!

Give her a big kiss from us.
Love, Dave, Ellen, and Carter