Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Mommy Day

My second Mother's Day started off perfectly—Elsa and Bob let me sleep in late, and when they did come wake me up, Elsa marched into the room holding a card in front of her and saying, "Happy Mommy Day! Happy Mommy Day!" over and over. After lots of kisses and hugs, we went downstairs where I found some wonderful presents, including a new suitcase for our Hawaii trip, a gift card for my favorite spa, and some chocolates. I also got a yummy breakfast of baked French Toast, cooked just for me.

But my favorite Mother's Day gift was this adorable book, written by Elsa with just a little help from Daddy. It has a riveting plot filled with suspense and intrigue and some very cute pictures drawn by Daddy, plus numerous reiterations of just how loved I am (oh, and there's a tornado—don't ask). I am a very lucky mommy, for so many reasons. : )

We rounded out the day with a trip to Katie's for a Mother's Day barbecue, which of course had to be moved indoors due to the truly awful weather. (Hawaii can't come soon enough, that's for sure.) But dinner was excellent and Elsa got to say "Happy Mommy Day" to one of her grandmas in person. She also got to eat cake with Opa, and as you can see from the picture, that was quite a treat.
I had a very Happy Mommy Day—I love you, little girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to see that book, how cute! Glad you had a special day...you mothers sure do deserve it!! :)
Lisa