Well, Elsa had her 18-month check-up a few days ago, and guess what? She's off the charts again for weight. Argghhh! She was in the 90th percentile at her 15-month check-up, but now she went back up again! She weighed in at 30 lb., 11 oz. HOWEVER, she went up in height as well—she is now at the 90th percentile for height (she's 33.5" inches). That's up from the 75th percentile at her 15-month appointment. So I guess it's not unexpected that she would go up in weight too. The doctor said several times that she's not at all worried about Elsa's weight—she said she's just "an all-around big girl." I said, "Um, is that supposed to make me feel better??" : )
In other news, Elsa is now definitely starting to show signs of being ready for potty training. The past two days, she has told me when she pooped in her diaper (she just says "Poop! Poop!") Of course, she doesn't say anything until after she's done, so we need to get to the point where she's telling me about it before it actually happens, but I think I'm going to go ahead and buy her a potty anyway. Can't hurt to have it on hand, so we can start the whole potty-training adventure as soon as the mood strikes us!
1 comment:
Potty Training!!!! Those words scare me! Let me know how it progresses, I'll be looking for all your wisdom and knowledge once Elsa starts doing it. Carter doesn't seem anywhere near that stage yet.
Good luck!
Ellen
Post a Comment