After a brief hiatus, here's a Mother's Day 2019 interview!
What is your favorite thing about Mommy?
Elsa: Oh, this thing!!! Claire, you go first.
Claire: That she, umm, that she’s our mother, that’s my
favorite thing. She takes us places and
she cares about us.
Elsa: Pfft. Umm, yeah. She takes us
fun places and she, like, makes sure we are doing stuff right. So she’ll yell at us if we’re doing it wrong.
Claire: So her favorite part is
her yelling at you?
Elsa: No, no, never mind, take that
part out. She raising us to be good children. Or good people, whatever.
What do you like to do with Mommy the most?
Claire: Go to concerts with her.
Elsa: Watch TV. And talk.
Why does Mommy love you?
Claire: Because we’re her children.
Elsa: Yeah, because we’re her kids.
What is the most fun you’ve ever had with
Mommy?
Claire: Ummmm.
Elsa: Ummmmmmmm. Let me guess,
you’re gonna say concerts.
Claire: Concerts?
[Long pause]
Me: You’ve never had fun with Mommy?
Claire: When we laugh about the pirate coconut thing. When she’s in coconut mood, or pirate mood.
Elsa: What? Umm. [long pause].
Every day [in a high-pitched sing-song overly sweet voice] Because I cant think of anything else to put.
Describe what Mommy looks like.
Claire: Short, dirtyish blonde hair hair. Not like dirty as in
dirty. Yeah. Green eyes.
I imagine her that she always wears green. Like green pants and her green tank top that
we match with.
Elsa: Ah, medium length dirty blonde hair with very noticeable highlights
I guess. Because that one lady at The
Learning Shop. Never mind. And green eyes.
Claire: And, yeah, and lots of Lululemon clothes.
Elsa: What? She doesn’t even
have Lululemon pants.
Claire: Well she wears a lot of Lululemon clothes. I’m wearing Lululemon pants.
What does Mommy like to do?
Claire: Ahh, to play tennis.
Elsa: Play tennis and do quilting stuff.
Claire: Yeah, play tennis, quilt.
What does Mommy like to play with you?
Elsa: Pfffft.
Claire: When we were little we used to play ponies
together. And I used to go “look look
there’s a train over there.” And she
would go “Neigh neigh.”
Elsa: Umm, she doesn’t like to play anything. Well once we played tennis a few times. And we watch lots of TV.
What is Mommy’s favorite thing in the world?
Claire: You, Daddy!
Elsa: I do not know.
[long pause]
Me: Well, Elsa if you had to guess what would you guess.
Claire: I know, her family
Elsa: Yeah, her family.
What makes Mommy happy?
Claire: Her family.
Elsa: Beer.
Claire: A beard?
Elsa: Beer.
Claire: Oh.
Elsa: And her family.
How old is Mommy?
Claire: 40, hahahaha.
Elsa: What! No? That was years ago. I think she’s like 43?
Claire: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47….
Elsa: We don’t know.
Claire: Let’s trick her and put 100.
What is Mommy’s favorite food?
Claire: She doesn’t have one.
She’s like “I don’t have a favorite food. I don’t have a favorite color. I don’t have a favorite animal.
Me: Really?
Elsa: Yeah ask her what’s her favorite song? “I can’t choose….”
How are you and Mommy different?
Elsa: I am awkward and Mom is not. She is loud and I am quiet.
Claire: She has dirty blonde hair and I have platinum blonde hair.
Elsa: I wouldn’t say you have platinum blonde hair.
Claire: Just blonde.
How are you and Mommy the same?
Claire: We’re both loud, we’re not awkward. Umm, we have a good taste in fashion. Umm, that’s all.
Elsa: We are both related to you [me] and you [Claire]. Well, Mom isn’t really related to you.
Claire: Wait, what?
Elsa: She’s related by marriage to you.
What is Mommy not very good at?
Claire: Uhh, tennis. I’m
kidding no. Being awkward.
Elsa: What?
Claire: I don’t know. She’s good
at everything.
Elsa: Math.
How do you know that Mommy loves you?
Elsa: She raises us to be good kids.
Claire: Yeah.
Elsa: People. We already are
kids, I guess.
What does Mommy say to you a lot?
Elsa: There are ice cream bowls on the couch.
Claire: Pick this up.
What does Mommy do to you except not something
bad? [Elsa formulated this question a few years ago.]
[Much laughter.]
Claire: Umm, umm, ahhh.
Elsa: Umm.
[More laughter]
What do you want to tell Mommy on this Mother’s
Day?
Claire: Happy Mother’s Day.
Elsa: We love you very much.
Claire: Yeah, we love very very much. Did you know that when baby flamingos are babies they’re grey? Hint hint.
Elsa: We love you very much.
Claire: Yeah, we love very very much. Did you know that when baby flamingos are babies they’re grey? Hint hint.
No comments:
Post a Comment