Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Weekend with the Girls (and the Brewers)

Lee was in Salt Lake City a couple of weekends ago spending quality time with other sewist bloggers. Zzzzzzzzzzz. Oh, sorry -- I fell asleep just from that description. Anyways, while Lee was gone I got the opportunity to spend a long weekend with my three little girls. It was, in fact, a long weekend of Friday through Sunday, but the time flew by.

On Friday, we played outside a lot with Belle to take advantage of the gorgeous weather. Then I took Elsa and Claire to Opa and Grandma Heinrich's for some babysitting so that I could go to game 5 of the NLDS. The Brewers won in extra innings -- mainly because Elsa and Claire had each worn their Brewers shirts. Elsa kept disputing that wearing the shirts provided any luck, because she wasn't at the game and she wasn't playing in the game. A very rational girl. (Oxymoronic, I know.)

On Saturday, we played and played and played and played some more. We made some orange juice popsicles. The popsicle device was a present for her 4-year birthday. But we forgot about it then. So we gave it to her for her 5-year birthday...and then we (ok, I) forgot about it again. And on Saturday night, we went to Opa's 65th birthday party. It was a surprise party, and Elsa had been very good about keeping it a secret the night before.

The next day we enjoyed the fruits (pun intended) of our popsicle labor and ate the popsicles. Claire and Elsa both liked them a lot.
And we went for a walk. Claire rode her tricycle and Elsa rode her scooter. Then Elsa rode her bike.

All three of my little girls are so cute!


On Sunday night, it was back to Opa and Grandma Heinrich's for more babysitting and Brewers game watching. A big public THANK YOU to Opa and Grandma Heinrich for being game to let me go to games.

It was such a nice weekend with my girls. But they missed their mommy. Lee returned very late on Sunday night. On Monday morning, the second Claire saw Lee she said -- with a huge smile -- "You're here!!!" They love their mommy!

1 comment:

Emalee said...

Great weekend, Bob. It sounds like such fun. So, so sorry about your Brewers. I'm boycotting the whole Series. Boooo!