Thursday, March 05, 2009

Cousin Tommy

The first of Elsa's two new cousins has arrived!

Thomas Karsten was born on Monday, March 2, 2009. He was 9 pounds, 1 ounce, and has lots of dark hair. Apparently he's quite a happy, content little guy—he slept through our entire visit. Mom and baby are both doing great.

Elsa was really looking forward to meeting her newest cousin, and I thought it was a great opportunity for her to get an idea of just how little her new little sister will be. Elsa said Tommy was cute, gave him a kiss on his blanketed arm, and then spent the rest of our visit exploring the hospital room with Howl and Blackie's help. She certainly did not seem intimidated or scared by the hospital environment, which bodes well for us in April.

Congratulations to Tom, Tanya, and Karina on the new addition to their family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't he so cute :-) Now that you saw him, I will post a few pics that I took..I wanted to wait until you saw him :-)

Lisa