Friday, February 13, 2009

Remodeling - Finally Done!*

I've been painting like mad since we got home from Costa Rica, and yes, it's finally done! Here are some before and after pictures for your enjoyment.

Before (yes, these are WAY before ... taken when we first moved in almost 5 years ago!):

And after (this picture is taken from roughly the same spot as the "before" picture above, so you can see how much bigger the new bathroom is):
*You may notice a glaring exception to the whole "done" thing: There is supposed to be a bathtub down at the end, where the faucet is sticking out of the wall just below the artwork. Unfortunately, the tub is backordered until March 16, and nobody told us that until 2 days before it was supposed to be delivered. But Jacuzzi is giving us a discount for our trouble, and it's going to be really cool when it finally does arrive. Here's a picture of it.

Before:
And after (the vanity was moved from where the bathtub will now be, to the area where a closet formerly was):

Before:
And after (it's hard to believe this shower is the same size/location as it always was):

Looking at the "before" pictures, I'm frankly amazed that we ever bought this house. Wow, it was bad.

I also painted our bedroom. No more blue! Plus we got the nice new ceiling fan (and ceiling lights in all the other bedrooms—there were no ceiling fixtures before). Now I just have to talk Bob into buying some artwork and I'm going to make window treatments (just basic panels made from sheets in the same pattern as the bed skirt and pillow cases).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your bathroom looks amazing! Everything looks so nice - especially all that perfect painting! (I still can't believe you did all of that at 7+ months pregnant!).

I love it, can't wait to see it in person.

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Don and I loved seeing the bathroom. It looks great, Lee. Now try to relax and rest until our new little girl comes.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

The bathroom looks great Lee :-)

Lisa